Sponsorng a Relative to Come to Canada ?

Are you interested in sponsoring a relative to come and live in Canada? The Canadian immigration process can be complicated, but it is possible to successfully bring your relative to Canada by following the steps below:

  1. Check Your Eligibility To sponsor your relative, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who is at least 18 years of age. You must also be able to demonstrate that you can financially support your relative for up to 10 years, provide basic necessities like food and clothing, and have no serious criminal convictions.

  2. Fill Out the Application If you are eligible, you can fill out the sponsorship application form available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. The form will require detailed information about yourself, your relative, and your relationship with them. You will also need to provide supporting documents like birth certificates and marriage certificates.

  3. Demonstrate Financial Support To be eligible to sponsor your relative, you must provide proof that you can financially support them for up to 10 years. This can include proof of income and assets, or having a co-signer to guarantee financial support.

  4. Wait for Processing Once you have completed your application and submitted all required documents, the IRCC will review it. Depending on the information provided, your application may be accepted or rejected. If your application is approved, your relative can apply for permanent residency in Canada.

  5. Bring Your Relative to Canada Once your relative’s application for permanent residency is approved, you will need to provide them with a valid passport and travel documents so they can enter Canada. You will also need to provide them with basic necessities like food, clothing, and a place to live.

Sponsoring a relative to come to Canada can be a lengthy and complicated process, but it is possible if you meet the eligibility requirements and complete the application process correctly. With patience and persistence, you can successfully bring your loved one to Canada.

I would recommend that you consult with an experienced licensed RCIC or immigration lawyer for assistance

“Our Clients’ Success is our Success”


Subscribe Our Newsletter on latest immigration policy